The Award equips young people for life and work
WHAT IS THE AWARD?
The Award program focuses on molding and developing the young people between the targeted ages of 14-25 years. Established units such as the Schools, youth organisations and clubs may use the programme to supplement and strengthen their existing extra-curricular activities.
Not all learning happens in the classroom. Young people need experiences outside the classroom to become committed, responsible and fulfilled citizens of the world.
Participants are required to complete various activities over a set period of time in order to earn the Award. Upon completion, they are awarded a certificate and badge for the Level they have completed.
How many sections does the Award program have?
Join the Award
How can one join?
- Enrolment is voluntary and starts with issuing of a record book.
- On joining, participants set their challenges within the four sections in consultation with the Award leader.
- For each activity, they need an adult instructor to share their knowledge, supervise and guide them.
- Assessment of an individual is done after minimum period by assessors/ instructors.
- Assessment is based on individual improvement, commitment and effort in the activity, rather than on set external standards.
- Participants qualify upon successful completion of the four sections.
- The Award leader then arranges for the necessary authorization and presentation of the Awards.
benefits of participating
What are the benefits of participating?
- Creation of employment opportunities through skill acquisition.
- Better groomed youth / leaders.
- Reduced crime rates.
- Quality leisure time spending.
- Responsible citizens.
- An improvement of responsibility level of the populous.
- A more focused youth.